Green Chile Squash CasseroleFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 1 1/4 pound yellow summer squash, sliced, about 5 medium shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or chipotle pepper or use black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 4 ounce can green chiles, drained and chopped shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 2 ounces of monterey jack cheese shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the squash in boiling salted water until very soft; drain extremely well.
- Mash the squash until chunky.
- Add the butter and stir to melt in.
- Season with salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients and put in a greased casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, 325º 60 minutes until set and browned.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
Fabulous recipe! And one of our favorites. Oh, it is so good. :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Wow this is great, I've never had summer squash this way. I can't wait till it's spring time again and we have tons of it!!!!
I'll be bookmarking!asheats in BIG BEAR LAKE loved it