Pastel Mint Swirl CookiesFrom krumkake 9 years ago
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 6 ounces milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1¼ cups flour shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- ½ to ¾ pound pastel mint kisses shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, heat brown sugar, butter and water over low heat until butter is melted.
- Add the chocolate chips to the pan, heating until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl and let set about 15 minutes, until chocolate mixture is cool.
- With a mixer, beat the egg into the chocolate mixture.
- By hand, stir in flour and baking powder.
- The dough will be quite soft. Cover the bowl and chill dough until it is easy to handle.
- Shape dough into small balls and place on lightly greased baking sheets, about 2” apart.
- Gently pat down each ball just a bit.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and immediately top each cookie with a pastel mint kiss.
- Return pan to oven and bake an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow cookies to set on the pan for a couple minutes, and then use a knife tip to swirl the softened mint kiss around the top of each cookie.
- Place cookies on waxed paper to cool completely before storing in an airtight container, with waxed paper between layers.