What A BltFrom thegoldminer 7 years ago
- 1 lb minimum thin sliced bacon. shopping list
- cracked wheat toast (preferred as healthy and just tastes good) shopping list
- Cutting bottom of the tomato off makes it easier to hold and slice. shopping list
- tomatoes (thin slices is the secret) shopping list
- lettuce shopping list
- Best Foods Mayo (Hellmans East of the Mississippi) shopping list
- Two sheets paper towel per sandwich (Costco brand) shopping list
How to make it
- I like to microwave the bacon. Gets rid of the grease and salt.
- Cut the pound of bacon in half. Cook all the half slices.
- When bacon is done, make the toast.
- Have mayo ready, and spread edge to edge the minute toast pops up.
- Lay single layer lettuce on both sides of toast.
- Lay tomatoes out in a layer, salt and pepper top side.
- Place salt and peppered side on toast.
- Again lightly pepper tomato.
- Add 6-8 half pieces of bacon.
- Add second layer tomato.
- Lightly pepper second side of tomato.
- Second layer of 6-8 pieces of bacon.
- Flop other side of toast, lettuce, and tomato on top of bacon.
- Fold paper towel around the sandwich.
- Dive in, oh man this good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating5 people
I agree this made me hungryhunnee in Nanaimo loved it
Ha ya'll our tomatoes are not in yet! While your all freezing up there.. I will be sinking my teeth into these puppys! JJ this is one Kick butt recipe! In 2 weeks we start getting the good tomatoes! Be thinking of ya'll!
Lindalinebb956 in La Feria loved it
I love the pictures too... had my mouth watering for one of these.... In the summertime... our tomatoes are so good.... everyone makes these for the first 2 weeks of the season.... they just cant seem to get enough of them......Good post.....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it