What A BltFrom thegoldminer 7 years ago
- 1 lb minimum thin sliced bacon. shopping list
- cracked wheat toast (preferred as healthy and just tastes good) shopping list
- Cutting bottom of the tomato off makes it easier to hold and slice. shopping list
- tomatoes (thin slices is the secret) shopping list
- lettuce shopping list
- Best Foods Mayo (Hellmans East of the Mississippi) shopping list
- Two sheets paper towel per sandwich (Costco brand) shopping list
How to make it
- I like to microwave the bacon. Gets rid of the grease and salt.
- Cut the pound of bacon in half. Cook all the half slices.
- When bacon is done, make the toast.
- Have mayo ready, and spread edge to edge the minute toast pops up.
- Lay single layer lettuce on both sides of toast.
- Lay tomatoes out in a layer, salt and pepper top side.
- Place salt and peppered side on toast.
- Again lightly pepper tomato.
- Add 6-8 half pieces of bacon.
- Add second layer tomato.
- Lightly pepper second side of tomato.
- Second layer of 6-8 pieces of bacon.
- Flop other side of toast, lettuce, and tomato on top of bacon.
- Fold paper towel around the sandwich.
- Dive in, oh man this good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating5 people
I love the pictures and now I'm craving a blt. Remember that silly dog running around singing bacon bacon bacon....that would be me NOW. Have a good one. Nice post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I love the pictures too... had my mouth watering for one of these.... In the summertime... our tomatoes are so good.... everyone makes these for the first 2 weeks of the season.... they just cant seem to get enough of them......Good post.....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Ha ya'll our tomatoes are not in yet! While your all freezing up there.. I will be sinking my teeth into these puppys! JJ this is one Kick butt recipe! In 2 weeks we start getting the good tomatoes! Be thinking of ya'll!
Lindalinebb956 in La Feria loved it