Meat N Potato CasseroleFrom lor 9 years ago
- 2 cups sliced onions or 1-1/2 - 2 large Spanish onions shopping list
- *I love onions so the more the merrier ;-) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (leftover or freshly prepared) shopping list
- 8 slices pot roast, roast beef, pork roast, or meatloaf shopping list
- Note: I either slice the meat or cut it in chunks shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed shopping list
- 1 can beef gravy, about 10-1/2 ounces, or 1 cup leftover gravy shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese shopping list
- Note: This recipe calls for mild cheddar cheese but, Monterey Jack or Tex Mex works well also. shopping list
How to make it
- Put onions in a hot dry non-stick skillet.
- Sprinkle with sugar and fry over medium heat, stirring, until onions begin to brown.
- Add butter and cook until onions are tender, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread half of the mashed potatoes into a greased, 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Arrange slices of meat on top, then onions, peas, and gravy.
- Cover with remaining mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes; top with shredded cheese and bake 10 minutes longer, or until casserole is browned and cheese is melted.
- Serves 4