New Years Day Green BeansFrom linebb956 9 years ago
- 1 Small ham, bone in shopping list
- 15 small red potatoes shopping list
- 1 onion chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced shopping list
- 1-2 pounds of fresh green beans.. snapped shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- Lots of black pepper shopping list
- 2 or more quarts of water shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot add ham, onion, garlic, salt and pepper
- Cover with water and bring to boil
- Lower heat and simmer for at least 1 1/2 hours
- Add potatoes and green beans
- Cook until the green beans an potatoes are done
- Serve with hot corn bread and lots of butter...
- Turns out better if lots of black pepper is used..I don' t wait for New Years...
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!