Pepperoni Chicken BakeFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- I package of pepperoni slices (I've never tried it with turkey pepperoni but it might lower the fat content) shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in chunks shopping list
- 1 box of wheat penne pasta - enriched shopping list
- 2 jars of favorite marinara sauce (I like the chunky style) the smaller jars not the huge jar, it will get too saucy if you use two of those behemoth buggers shopping list
- 4 cups of finely shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- generous sprinkling shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the pasta just slightly less than the recommended package directions in copious amount of salted boiling water.
- You will cook the pasta more in the oven and you don't want it to turn to mush.
- In a large skillet, heat and fry the pepperoni until almost crispy and it releases a lot of the fat.
- Remove pepperoni to drain on some paper towels, reserve the fat in the pan.
- Now, over medium heat add the chicken chunks and brown in the pepperoni fat, so the chicken picks up the flavor from the oil.
- You can add a few more spices here, I tend to throw in a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, a pinch of oregano and perhaps some basil.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked pasta, chicken, pepperoni and jarred sauce. Mix well.
- In a large lightly oiled casserole dish, layer in half the pasta mixture, top with half of the cheese, layer in the remaining pasta and top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Pull out of oven, top with parmesan and bake five minutes more or so until the parmesan browns and gets slightly crusty.
- Serve and enjoy, my friends."The trouble with eating Italian food is that 5 or 6 days later you're hungry again."
- George Miller, British writer
People Who Like This Dish 26
- surrattse Nowhere, Us
- frankieanne Ukiah, California
- kimdaigle Nowhere, Us
- essentialingredients Kansas City, Missouri
- army_wifey88 Nowhere, Us
- pleclare Framingham, MA
- oliviaj Crumpler, NC
- iliveinazoo Virginia Beach, TX
- hungrymetalhead Burlington, CA
- cherrybomb Ladera Ranch, CA
- Plus 16 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
This sounds yummy..pleclare in Framingham loved it
What a great idea - why didn't I ever think of this?! I'm definitely going to try this soon (we had pasta last night, or I'd be getting out the ingredients right now)modelsmom in Worcester loved it