Homemade Freezer Strawberry JamFrom krumkake 9 years ago
How to make it
- Wash strawberries and remove stems and core; cut strawberries into fourths.
- Place them in a large bowl and mash the strawberries with a potato masher (I tried to use the blender once - I don't recommend it!).
- Add sugar to mashed strawberries and stir to blend.
- Let mixture set for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add Certo, and stir constantly for 3 minutes.
- Pour jam into small ½ cup (or whatever size you prefer) covered containers.
- Let filled containers set out on counter for 24 hours, and then place them in the freezer.
- Jam will keep in refrigerator for 6 weeks or more, and will keep in the freezer for a year.
- NOTE: This jam is thick, but not like store-bought jam - it will be slightly "runny" and we use a spoon to "drizzle" it over whatever we are using it on...great on bran muffins, cornbread, pop-overs, German Pancakes or Dutch Babies, toast, English muffins, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc.