oven fried chicken-southwestern styleFrom robertg 6 years ago
How to make it
- place chicken in a large bowl.sprinkle with tobasco.pour buttermilk over all and allow to marinate while you heat oven to 425F.
- place 1/2" of oil in a cast iron frying pan.place pan in preheating over to heat up.
- in a plastic bag combine remaining ingredients and mix well by shaking
- shake chicken in flour mixture.remove chicken,one piece at a time,and place in hot oil.
- bake for 20 minutes,turn over and cook for 10-15 minutes more or till chicken is cooked.drain on paper towls.
- any basic fried chicken recipe may be adapted for oven fring.It's a useful technique when cooking lasge quantities of chicken and is less messy than stovetop frying.(especially if you have a self cleaning oven) simply follow the above version.
The Cookrobertg MO
The Rating4 people
Sounds really good, thanks!organicmama in loved it
Mmmmmmmm... this recipe sounds Grrrrrrreat!!! Thanks for sharing with all of us.lor in Toronto loved it
Have a holy, happy and Blessed Christmas, my friend and Blessings for you and yours for a wonderful New Year! Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it