LasagnaFrom lor 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 to 2 lbs. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- Note: I like to add 1 green bell pepper that has been finely chopped but it's up to you. shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. oregano shopping list
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided shopping list
- 2 cups ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 cup Parmesan/romano cheese, grated and divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 jar (700 mL) spaghetti sauce (your favourite) shopping list
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups water shopping list
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked shopping list
- Note: I sometimes add a layer of spinach. I use 1 package of frozen spinach that has been thawed and very well drained. Simple as that. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook meat, onion and oregano in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, mix 1-1/4 cups of the mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup of Parmesan or Romano cheese, parsley and egg until well blended and set aside.
- Drain meat and return to skillet.
- Stir in pasta sauce and minced garlic.
- Pour water into empty sauce jar.
- Replace lid and shake well.
- Add to skillet and stir until well blended.
- Spread approximately 1 cup of the meat sauce onto the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Top with layers of 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup of the meat sauce.
- Repeat layers two more times.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1-1/4 cups or more of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan/Romano cheese.
- Cover tightly with PAM sprayed foil.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and continue baking for 15-20 minutes or until heated completely through.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting to serve.
- Substitute 2 pkg. (1 cup each) frozen, thawed simulated ground beef for the browned ground beef.
- Adding water to the sauce helps cook traditional noodles during baking, so you don't have to cook them beforehand. This saves you 15 to 20 min. of prep time.
People Who Like This Dish 97
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating16 people
I like to make this for my family and I know they will like it so much.borinka in Bratislava Region loved it
We love lasagna in my family and your recipe looks delicious. 5++++ for lasagna!peepers in loved it
Well some nasty individual doesn't like this lasagna recipe and I don't get it? I was just looking for a lasagna recipe for tonight's dinner and this is the one I'm making. Thanks so much Lor for taking the time to share it. High 5.pippy in loved it
Comfort Foods769 members
Pasta Place195 members
Fall Dishes39 members
Family Favorites139 members
Casserole Comfort130 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
Gluten Goodies Come And Get Em6 members
Farm Country Cooking84 members
Oldies But Goodies113 members
Parties Potluck And Picnics18 members