Irish BoxtyFrom roxanne 7 years ago
How to make it
- Grate the raw potatoes and miz well with the mashed potatoes.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic and flour.
- Slightly beat the egg and add it to the mixture.
- Add green onions (or regular onion).
- Add as much milk as you need to make the mixture the same tickness as pancake batter.
- The size you want to make the patties is up to you. I make mine slightly smaller than a pancake.
- Cook over moderate heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until they are lightly browned
- *****To make it more 'breakfast friendly' add pieces of cooked bacon to the batter*****
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookroxanne Kildare, IE
The Rating6 people
Nice!! but I'll use fresh garlic....can't stand the powdered stuff.greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
My Mom made mashed potato cakes when I was growing up, but I don't think she ever added chopped green onion to the batter. This sounds wonderful. ^5windy1950 in Flint loved it
MAN!!!! a winner any time of the day.so familiar from days gone by!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing!!!coachbethea in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!