Irish BoxtyFrom roxanne 9 years ago
How to make it
- Grate the raw potatoes and miz well with the mashed potatoes.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic and flour.
- Slightly beat the egg and add it to the mixture.
- Add green onions (or regular onion).
- Add as much milk as you need to make the mixture the same tickness as pancake batter.
- The size you want to make the patties is up to you. I make mine slightly smaller than a pancake.
- Cook over moderate heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until they are lightly browned
- *****To make it more 'breakfast friendly' add pieces of cooked bacon to the batter*****
The Cookroxanne Kildare, IE
The Rating6 people
Nice!! but I'll use fresh garlic....can't stand the powdered stuff.greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
My Mom made mashed potato cakes when I was growing up, but I don't think she ever added chopped green onion to the batter. This sounds wonderful. ^5windy1950 in Flint loved it
MAN!!!! a winner any time of the day.so familiar from days gone by!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing!!!coachbethea in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!