Turkey Spanakopita BurgerFrom wendio 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 red onion or sweet onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, defrosted (or fresh spinach) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (dried will work) shopping list
- 1/2 cup goat feta, crumbles or dry curd cottage cheese (DCCC) shopping list
- 1 lb ground chicken or ground turkey shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- paprika to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the chopped garlic and chopped red onion and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer the onions and garlic to a bowl to cool.
- Return pan to heat.
- Squeeze all the water out of the thawed spinach.
- Separate the spinach as you add it to the bowl with cooled onions and garlic, then season with oregano.
- Add in feta crumbles then chicken or turkey and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Mix and form into 4 patties, 1-inch thick.
- Raise heat on pan to medium-high with another tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add patties and cook 6 minutes on each side.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
The Cookwendio Leander, TX
The Rating7 people
this sounds excellent.invisiblechef in loved it
Wow! This is exactly what I was looking for! Just searched "turkey burger," hoping for a burger with some herbs and spices and feta cheese and this came up on top. Printing it out right now! Oh...and I actually have some fresh oregano in the fridge! ...moremisslizzi in Philadelphia loved it
So I haven't tried this yet- but plan to, but I have a question. What is Dry Curd Cottage Cheese?mollyscookin in Kentwood loved it