Bacon And Tomato PastaFrom pinkpasta 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt shopping list
- 16 ounces spaghetti pasta shopping list
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon, or pancetta, chopped *(I use turkey bacon) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup red onion, diced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 cups roma tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine shopping list
- 4 tablespoons basil, chiffonade shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large stock pot, boil 3 quarts of water. When boiling, add 2 tablespoons kosher salt to the pasta, and cook until the pasta is al dente.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add bacon and saute until bacon is crispy. Remove bacon to drain on a paper towel-lined plate, and remove 3/4 of the bacon fat from the pan. Add extra-virgin olive oil, onions, and red chili flakes. Cook until onions are translucent, add garlic, cook for 2 minutes then add tomatoes. Saute for 5 minutes, the deglaze with wine.
- Drain pasta and add to the tomato mixture pan. Add basil and bacon. Toss with Parmesan, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes 4 - 6 servings
The Cookpinkpasta Upstate, SC
The Rating6 people
Wonderful! Simple and sooooooooooo good! The left overs make a great lunch to take to work.. Every one will be green with envy!
Lindalinebb956 in La Feria loved it
I love the aroma from the pancetta and all of the fresh herbs while making this Bacon and Tomato Pasta recipe. So nice of you to present us with this great recipe.
High Five Debbie
Michaeltrigger in loved it
LOVE Guy and his recipes are always great!! Thanks for sharing. Lorisparow64 in Sweetwater loved it