Macaroni and Cheese LoafFrom mrtnzangel8 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced green pepper shopping list
- 2 T vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 (15 oz.) can Hunt's tomato sauce with Tomato Bits (do they still make those?) shopping list
- 3 eggs, well beaten shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
How to make it
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain.
- Add milk and cheese, stir until well blended.
- Meanwhile, cook onion and green pepper in oil in small skillet until soft; add bread crumbs, stir to coat.
- Add to macaroni mixture; stir in Hunt's sauce, beaten eggs and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Spoon in well-greased 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350* 50 to 55 minutes until set.
- Let stand 10 minutes; turn onto serving platter.
- Serve slices with ketchup, if desired.
The Cookmrtnzangel8 SW, MO
The Rating3 people
This sounds delicious and a perfect side dish for meatloaf....Liv always adds catsup to her mac and cheese anyway. The extra veggies would be good for all of us.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
sounds interesting... cant wait to give this a try. :)grumblebee in victoria loved it
Yum, omitting green pepper and adding garlic, though...Thanks!rml in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!