Potato Leek Soup AKA VichyssoiseFrom borius 8 years ago
- 6 medium leeks, white part only, coarsely chopped. shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter. shopping list
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled, diced. shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock. shopping list
- salt to taste. shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper. shopping list
- 2 cup heavy cream. shopping list
- Chopped chives for garnish. shopping list
How to make it
- Sweat leeks in butter over medium low heat until translucent only, do not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, chicken stock, and salt. bring to boil.
- Simmer over medium low heat for 30-35 minutes until potatoes and leeks are very soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in white pepper and cream.
- Puree thoroughly with stick blender or food processor and chill in refrigerator 90 minutes or until cold.
- Serve cold garnished with chives.
The Cookborius Klamath Falls, OR
The Rating7 people
This has been my very favoritist soup since I was just a tadpole. They always give you a tiny cup in a restaurant so I learned to make it when I could reach the stove,I think I posted my recipe. Anyhow, thanks for the post. Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
This is a favorite soup from my days at Rollande et Pierre. They served tiny cups on a bed of ice with minced chives on top. I remember it well, because I had to mince the chives. LOL Still it is delicious hot or cold and it is a guilty pleasure ...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I love potato & leek soup and it is so nice to see cream for a change again & not all the healthier options. Sometimes you just can not substitute it! Thanxtinadc in Cape Town loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!