CHEDDER CHEESE SOUPFrom linebb956 5 years ago
- 3 tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 carrots -- grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery diced small shopping list
- 1 large onion minced small or grate shopping list
- 1 small parsnip peeled & grated shopping list
- 2 -3 c ups cheddar cheese grated shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 4 tbsp flour shopping list
- 4 cups rich chicken broth or consomme shopping list
- 2 c ups whole milk or half and half... shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- A hand full of fresh parsley chopped fine shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan
- add the vegetables.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes over low heat.
- Blend 2 tablespoons butter with flour and add to vegetables and chicken broth.
- Stir together until creamy and continue cooking over low heat for about 5- 8 minutes.
- Add grated cheese
- Stir until melted.
- Add cold milk or half and half slowly.
- Continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Do NOT boil after cheese is added.
- Season to taste
- with salt and papper, add a big handful of chopped parsley and serve.