Ooh-la-la Adult Chocolate CakeFrom lenora 8 years ago
How to make it
- Grease a cake pan (8 1/4" X 1 1/2" deep and in diameter).
- Break the chocolate into a large bowl.
- Set over a sauce pan of barely simmering water until melted.
- Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Cut the butter into little pieces and beat into the chocolate.
- Add the sugar and blend well, beating thoroughly.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs until frothy and foamy, then gently fold into the chocolate mixture; make sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan and place in a bain marie (roasting pan containing enough water to come up to 1 inch of the cake pan's side).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, then let it cool completely in the pan. when cool remove from the bain marie and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to eat, run a thin metal spatula around the edge of the pan and with a thump unmold the cake. As written from "Cooking With 2 Fat Ladies"
People Who Like This Dish 14
- ashlyndrums Nowhere, Us
- Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cape Town, South Africa
- krystynainsydney Bondi Junction, AU
- cafaise Melbourne, AU
- waterlily Joplin, MO
- pixilatedtoad Land Of Cheese, Up North
- mao65 Griffith, IN
- juliecake Bluffdale, UT
- geckofiend Columbus, OH
- sparkle Orba, ES
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooklenora Oak Park, MI
The Rating2 people
I first found this recipe in a calendar from "The Two Fat Ladies" and after trying it out I immediately put it on the menu in my cafe, it was an absolute winner. It has to be the best flourless choc/mousse cake anywhere...seriously!!!
Try adding...morecafaise in Melbourne loved it
Great Post, thank you so much. Making this soon.henrie in Savannah loved it