Spicy Apple ButterFrom mittens 6 years ago
- 12 cups apples cored and chopped ( about 6-8 large apples) shopping list
- 1.5 cups brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 3 whole cloves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp allspice shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- enough water to cover bottom of pot (about 1 cup ) shopping list
How to make it
- Core and chop apples, no need to peel since a lot of the flavour is in the peel.
- Combine all ingredients in pot with tight fitting lid.
- Bring to a boil, and then simmer for about 20 minutes stirring occassionally.
- Remove cloves.
- Continue cooking until apples are very soft.
- Blend in food processor or with immersion blender.
- Bring to a boil stirring frequently, and you're all done!
- Can be frozen, refrigerated, or canned!!