CRAB WON TONS WITH BLACKBERRY SZECHWAN SAUCEFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup blackberry puree shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lime juice shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- For filling: shopping list
- 6 ounces fresh spinach trimmed and washed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 4 tablespoons onion chopped finely shopping list
- 3 ounces cream cheese cut into small chunks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2 pound flaked cooked crabmeat shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 3 dozen won ton wrappers shopping list
- vegetable oil to cover bottom of wok to 1/4" shopping list
How to make it
- Mix puree, sherry, cornstarch, salt, pepper, ginger, lime juice, garlic, honey.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat and cook until clear and thickened.
- Wash spinach.
- With water still clinging to leaves place in large pan over medium high heat.
- Cook until spinach just begins to wilt and most of water has evaporated.
- Empty onto cutting board and chop finely.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in sauté pan.
- Add onion and sauté until transparent.
- Reduce heat to low then add cream cheese.
- When cheese begins to soften add lemon juice to blend.
- Remove from heat and stir in crab, breadcrumbs, and spinach.
- Place 2 teaspoons filling in each wrapper and seal according to directions.
- Place single layer of wontons in hot oil and fry 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on paper bags or paper towels and serve immediately with sauce.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating6 people
Hello! I wanted to let you know I made this for my Oscar party last night and it was a huge hit! Thank you so much for sharing! I substituted chicken because my daughter is allergic to shellfish. I have to say, it was so good! I give it a very h...moredianalee27 in loved it
Wow, the sauce here is just unbelievable! Sounds like a winner, thanks for sharing!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!