CHRISTMAS SALADFrom linebb956 7 years ago
- 2 bunches fresh spinach or 3 heads butter lettuce shopping list
- 1 large jicama, peeled and cut in spears shopping list
- 2 navel oranges or tangerines, peeled, seeded and sliced shopping list
- 1 bermuda onion, sliced very thin shopping list
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate (about 1 cup) I use 2 shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lime or lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pasilla (or cayenne) pepper shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- For dressing:
- Combine all ingredients in blender and puree. Taste for salt and peppers. This can be made up to the day before and refrigerated.
- For salad:
- Remove roots and any thick stems from the spinach and rinse thoroughly in cold running water. (Double check, spinach can be very dirty.) Spin or drain spinach to dry completely.
- The salad is composed, on either individual plates or a buffet platter, as follows:
- 1. A bed of spinach
- 2. Orange slices, onion rings and jicama spears artfully arranged on spinach
- 3. Pomegranate seeds and walnuts sprinkled on.
- 4. Dressing drizzled to taste.
- When I tested it at home... I put on glass platter... would make a georgous center item for Christmas buffet! The red and green!
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating3 people
Jicama is made for cayenne & oranges...YUM! Thanks, Linda :) Great post!kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
Love the way this sounds Linda.... your doing so good with all these recipes....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Oh, yes, this is wonderful, as well as a beautiful presentation! Thanks for this.rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!