Sour Cream TwistsFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- 1 package dry yeast shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup oleo shopping list
- 3-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 egg plus 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Cut butter into mixture of flour and salt. Add yeast, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly; cover with a damp cloth. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Turn half of dough out onto a board sugared with 1/2 cup sugar. Roll into an 8 x 16-inch rectangle. Fold ends toward center, sprinkle with sugar and roll again. Repeat twice, using half the sugar. Roll about 1/4 inch thick and cut into 1 x 4-inch strips. Twist ends in opposite directions, stretching slightly. Place in shape of a horseshoe on ungreased cookie sheets, pressing ends to hold shape.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until delicately browned. Remove from cookie sheets immediately. Delicious with tea or coffee.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating2 people
I be a twisting now...Yeah baby!organicmama in loved it
OMG this is a favorite of mine, I grew up with these. They are absolutely wonderful, I just looked at this recipe a few days ago thinking it's been along time since I made these, think it's time. Great post. It's a 5 or better all the way :)henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!