Baked Tomatoes Stuffed with Cheesy PotatoesFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 6 large, firm, unpeeled tomatoes shopping list
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (using fresh potatoes or instant potato flakes prepared according to package directions) shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped chives shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 - 2 teaspoons pepper shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 3 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a paring knife, remove the stem end of each tomato. Using a grapefruit spoon, small melon baller or a teaspoon, carefully hollow out each tomato, removing seeds and juice. Sprinkle the inside of each tomato with a little salt and place the tomatoes upside down on a cooling rack to drain for about 15 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, chives, thyme, pepper and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Fill tomato cups with the potato mixture using a teaspoon.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and paprika; sprinkle on top of each tomato.
- Place filled tomatoes in non-stick or well-oiled muffin cups. Bake 10 - 15 minutes until topping is crisp and tomatoes are heated through.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating8 people
I see these along side a grilled steak... Having this weekend! Thank you Grizz! I will make Brownie Points with Hubby with this one..linebb956 in La Feria loved it
These were great... Even hubby liked them! I was hoping I would get his! Will have often!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Thanks for sharing this. It is a great recipe. Its now a keeper in my house.pats1013 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!