Southern Sweet Potato PieFrom borinda 8 years ago
- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes, mashed shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 8 Tbsp. sweet butter, melted\1 tsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk shopping list
- 9" pie shell, unbaked shopping list
How to make it
- Warm the milk and the mashed up potatoes together.
- Add the melted butter, salt, sugar, lemon juice., and spcies.
- Mix in the eggs and blend thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the flour on top and then mix in until just blended.
- Pour this batter into the pie shell and bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 350 and bake an additional 30 minutes or until the pie filling firms.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating7 people
That time of year again... Yummers!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Sounds wonderful thanks bunches/High5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Lovely recipe. hope you post more. ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!