Stuffed Chicken BreastFrom cookingforfun 9 years ago
- 12 boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/8 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed shopping list
- 1 lb. fresh spinach, washed and chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 lb feta cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 4 eggs beaten shopping list
- 2 cups Italian flavored bread crumbs shopping list
- peanut oil or olive oil for frying shopping list
- 2 tbs butter shopping list
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 tbs flour shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 juice of a lemon shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Pound each breast between 2 sheets of plastic until about double in area size but not torn.
- heat a large frying pan and add the olive oil and garlic, stir for a moment and add the spinach.
- Saut'e the spinach until barely wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cool and drain in a colander.
- Lay each chicken portion flat on the counter and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1/12 of spinach in a layer on each piece of chicken and add a bit of the cheese. Roll up and hold together with toothpicks.
- Mix the milk with the eggs and dip each piece into the egg wash and then dredge in the bread crumbs. Pan fry in a bit of oil until gold brown, turning one. Remove the pieces to a pan and cover. Bake in a 350 Degree oven for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the gravy. Drain the fat from the frying pan leaving the scrapings in the pan. Heat the pan and add the butter and mushrooms. Saut'e until tender and then stir in the flour, stirring .Add the wine, chicken stock and lemon juice. Continue stirring until thickened.
- Pour the gravy over the chicken rolls and garnish with parsley.
The Cookcookingforfun Marblehead, MA
The Rating20 people
I'm gonna name you pappa JO! This is just awsome you know your I.T. Stuff. Keep em coming >
Thankschefamari in Cleveland loved it
This recipe sounds incredible! Thank you.rml in loved it
Excellent..made these for supper yesterday..you get a^5 from me,Joymarie
I added some pinoli to the stuffing...verdict still out on that.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!