The Ever Popular SouvlakiFrom lor 6 years ago
- 1 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped shopping list
- 4 - 5 pounds lamb, beef, chicken or pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch chunks shopping list
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- or 1 green and 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- 2 onions, cut into chunks shopping list
- I like to use chunks of zucchini or even grape tomatoes as well. shopping list
- tzatziki Recipe shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 8 ounces Greek style plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cucumber, diced small shopping list
- Directions: shopping list
- Whisk yogurt, sour cream, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, dill, garlic and blend well in a glass bowl. shopping list
- Add small diced cucumber. shopping list
- Blend thoroughly and serve. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large glass bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, oregano, and garlic.
- Add meat, onions, and green peper.
- Blend to coat.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 3 - 4 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat.
- Slide lamb/beef/chicken/pork, bell pepper, and onion onto skewers. Start grilling the kabobs.
- Cook about 15 - 20 minutes turning the skewers frequently.
- Note: If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before placing food on them.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating6 people
excellent recipe for souvlaki..I'll take mine with pork!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
This will be a first for me with the souvlaki! It sounds so yummy, I will have to give this a try and also pass it on to my daughter who loves Greek Foods. Thanks for the post! I have left you a 5 for the giving me something new to try! Debdmajor in Slidell loved it
The only thing i would tweek is the marinating times if your using pork or chicken, where it is a lighter meat it needs to be marinated for less time, i marinated mine for almost 2 hours did the beef seperately for almost 4 they both had tons of flav...moreprincessakedo in Moncton loved it