The Ever Popular SouvlakiFrom lor 7 years ago
- 1 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped shopping list
- 4 - 5 pounds lamb, beef, chicken or pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch chunks shopping list
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- or 1 green and 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- 2 onions, cut into chunks shopping list
- I like to use chunks of zucchini or even grape tomatoes as well. shopping list
- tzatziki Recipe shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 8 ounces Greek style plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cucumber, diced small shopping list
- Directions: shopping list
- Whisk yogurt, sour cream, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, dill, garlic and blend well in a glass bowl. shopping list
- Add small diced cucumber. shopping list
- Blend thoroughly and serve. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large glass bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, oregano, and garlic.
- Add meat, onions, and green peper.
- Blend to coat.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 3 - 4 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat.
- Slide lamb/beef/chicken/pork, bell pepper, and onion onto skewers. Start grilling the kabobs.
- Cook about 15 - 20 minutes turning the skewers frequently.
- Note: If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before placing food on them.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating6 people
The only thing i would tweek is the marinating times if your using pork or chicken, where it is a lighter meat it needs to be marinated for less time, i marinated mine for almost 2 hours did the beef seperately for almost 4 they both had tons of flav...moreprincessakedo in Moncton loved it
This will be a first for me with the souvlaki! It sounds so yummy, I will have to give this a try and also pass it on to my daughter who loves Greek Foods. Thanks for the post! I have left you a 5 for the giving me something new to try! Debdmajor in Slidell loved it
excellent recipe for souvlaki..I'll take mine with pork!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it