Pizza Egg RollsFrom cheftom 9 years ago
- 1 LB italian sausagE, CHOPPED shopping list
- 1 garlic clove MINCED shopping list
- 3/4 CUP DICED green pepper shopping list
- 1 CAN crushed tomatoes (15 OZ) shopping list
- 1/4 CUP tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 TSP DRIED oregano shopping list
- 1/2 TSP salt shopping list
- 1/4 TSP sugar shopping list
- 1/8 TSP dried rosemary shopping list
- 1/8 TSP thyme shopping list
- pepper TO TASTE shopping list
- 8 OZ mozzarella cheese CUT INTO 1/4 INCH CUBES shopping list
- 13 egg roll wraps shopping list
- 1 EGG, LIGHTLY BEATEN shopping list
- oil FOR FRYING shopping list
How to make it
- IN A LARGE SKILLET, COOK SAUSAGE, GREEN PEPPER AND GARLIC OVER MEDIUM HEAT UNTIL MEAT IS NO LONGER PINK. DRAIN. STIR IN THE TOMATOES, TOMATO PASTE AND SEASONINGS. BRING TO A BOIL. REDUCE HEAT; COVER AND SIMMER FOR 10 MINUTES. REMOVE FROM HEAT, COOL FOR 20 MINUTES. STIR IN CHEESE.
- PLACE 1/3 CUP SAUSAGE MIXTURE IN THE CENTER OF EACH EGG ROLL WRAP. FOLD BOTTOM CORNER OVER FILLING. BRUSH REMAINING CORNER WITH EGG, ROLL UP TIGHTLY TO SEAL.
- IN A SKILLET OR DEEP FRYER, HEAT 1 INCH OF OIL TO 375. FRY EGG ROLLS IN BATCHES FOR 1-2 MINUTES ON EACH SIDE UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN. DRAIN ON PAPER TOWELS.
The Cookcheftom Lindenhurst, NY
The Rating14 people
I am definitely trying these. Thank you!frankieanne in North northern loved it
Yeah, these look good Tom. Will definitely give them a try this week.kristopher in San Francisco loved it
These were really great. I didn't have green pepper in the house, so I used 1/2 cup diced onion instead.frankieanne in North northern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!