Rockin Guac Guacamole BurgersFrom borius 9 years ago
- BURGERS: shopping list
- 2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin shopping list
- 3 green onions, white part only, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground chili powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh jalapenos, minced, seeds included (do not use canned) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese shopping list
- 6 burger buns (use good quality buns. Onion, Keiser, Etc.) or better yet make your own from recipe posted on Chefjeb page. You can find him in my friends list. shopping list
- GUACAMOLE: shopping list
- See my Rockin Guac guacamole recipe post, make in advance and chill 30 minutes in the refrigerator. shopping list
How to make it
- Make guacamole per recipe. Chill 30 minutes.
- Mix all burger ingredients gently in a medium bowl.
- Form into six 3/4 inch thick patties
- ON THE GRILL:
- Cook over direct medium heat to an internal temp of 160F for medium. (4-5 minutes on a side) Top with cheese last 30 seconds to 1 minute, just enough to melt but not brown cheese.
- ON A GRIDDLE:
- Cook over medium heat to an internal temp of 160F for medium. (4-5 minutes on a side) Top with cheese last minute, just enough to melt cheese.
- Lightly toast buns on grill or griddle.
- Serve on hot on toasted buns topped with cool guacamole.
The Cookborius Klamath Falls, OR
The Rating6 people
Wow, sounds fantastic, I love Burgers. Great post, thank you so much.henrie in Savannah loved it
Okay, I am so jonesing for a great burger and this looks like my next burger project - and I may even make Chefjeb's buns, as suggested. What a yummy picture...Mark, you rascal - you're making me darn hungry! I'm bookmarking and will report back af...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
I made these luscious burgers today and they were absolutely delicious, M! Everyone went crazy for them....thank you! This is going to be one of my regular burgers....great recipe! =)lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!