Strawberry Custard CakeFrom ahmed1 5 years ago
- butter cake: shopping list
- 170 grams flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 125 grams butter, unsalted at room temperature shopping list
- 250 grams granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk at room temperature shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 cups full cream milk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla essence shopping list
- 125 grams sugar shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 50 grams cornstarch shopping list
- 100 grams butter. shopping list
- ½ cup whipping cream, whipped with 2 tbsp icing sugar. shopping list
- ¼ cup diced strawberries shopping list
- 10 strawberry halves shopping list
- blanch almonds shopping list
- icing sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F.Grease a 20cm cake pan.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar for 3 minutes till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Each should be beaten for 1minute.Add the vanilla and beat again scraping the bowl sides with a rubber spatula.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and add one third to butter mixture and beat. Add one third of the milk and beat on low speed. Continue alternately adding the ingredients in the same manner ending with the last third of the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter in the pan and spread it evenly leveling the top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes till springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Bring the milk and the vanilla to a simmer in a heavy saucepan. Meanwhile, beat the sugar, egg yolks and cornstarch till smooth. Slowly add hot milk whisking till all combined. Put the mixture back in the saucepan and cook over medium heat till thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat and add the butter, whisk till butter melts. Measure 1/3 cup of the custard and set aside, cool completely. Fold the whipped cream into 1/3 cup of the custard mixture till combined.
- Cut the cake horizontally in two layers. Spread the cream mixture over the first cake layer and smooth the top with a spoon and sprinkle some diced strawberries on top .Cover with the second cake layer and spread the custard mixture over the top .Decorate with the strawberries, Almonds and icing sugar. Chill.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating10 people
mmmmm looks so creamy and delicious...thank you for post.JOYMARIEmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
I love the "rustic" look! Absolutely devine! Great post, as always!!liezel in Bloemfontein loved it
yup rich creamy and delicious...superb posting!!!iffyo in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!