Chicken Satay With Peanut SauceFrom chacha 8 years ago
- Marinade: shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger shopping list
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon curry powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips shopping list
- 20 wooden skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes shopping list
- vegetable oil, for grilling shopping list
- Boston lettuce leaves shopping list
- fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- Makes 20 skewers shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the yogurt, ginger, garlic, and curry powder in a shallow mixing bowl, stir to combine.
- Place the chicken strips in the yogurt marinade and gently toss until well coated.
- Cover and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at up to 2 hours.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto the soaked skewers working the skewer in and out of the meat, down the middle of the piece, so that it stays in place during grilling.
- Place a grill pan over medium heat and brush it with oil to prevent the meat from sticking.
- Grill the chicken satays for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until nicely seared and cooked through.
- Serve the satays on a platter lined with lettuce leaves and cilantro; accompanied by a small bowl of peanut sauce on the side.
- Peanut Sauce:
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 - 2 teaspoons red chili paste, such as sambal
- 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, for garnish(optional)
- (I personally use finely sliced spring onion for the garnish)
- Combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, red chili paste, brown sugar, and lime juice in a food processor or blender.
- Puree to combine. While the motor is running, drizzle in the hot water to thin out the sauce, you may not need all of it.
- Pour the sauce into a nice serving bowl and garnish with the chopped peanuts.
- Serve with chicken satay.
- Makes: 3 cups
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating7 people
I made this after seeing Tyler's show. Wow - it is awesome and sooo delicous. Thanks for the post!lunasea in Orlando loved it
My family and I love chicken anything and this recipe for chicken satay with peanut sauce looks awesome! It's got my "5" forks!lor in Toronto loved it
This is a great recipe... I had to cut some of the heat for grandkids... but they ate it up....linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!