Pork Chop with Cream and MushroomsFrom misslionheart 9 years ago
- 6 large pork chops, trimmed of excess fat shopping list
- 2oz butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme, or one level teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 12oz mushrooms shopping list
- juice of one large lemon shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain flour shopping list
- 5fl oz double cream shopping list
- salt and freshly milled black pepper shopping list
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4, 350 F (180C) shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4, 350 F (180C)
- Place a large double sheet of cooking foil on a meat roastingtin, bearing in mind it must be large enough to wrap the chops in.
- Now in a frying pan, brown the chops nicely on both sides in butter, and then transferthem onto the foil. Season each one with salt and freshly milled black pepper and a little thyme (I’m using dried mixed herbs)
- Now chop the mushrooms roughly and fry them in the same pan in which the meat was browned, adding a little more butter if you think it needs it. Then pour in the lemon juice, let it bubble for a minute, then sprinkle in the flour and stir with a wooden spoon until you have a rather soggy-looking mushroom mixture. Don’t worry-it always looks awful at this stage.
- Spoon the mixture over the pork chops, some on each, then spoon a little of the double cream over each one. Now wrap up loosely in foil, sealing it verysecurely, and bake them for 1 hour. Serve the chops with the delicious juices poured over. Since this is very rich, keep the accompanying vegetables fairly simple. A sprig or two of watercress beside each chop gives colour.
- Note~ When this is cooked the cream takes on a slightly curdled appearance, this doesn’t in any way spoil the delicious flavour.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookmisslionheart Kildare, IE
The Rating3 people
I like... thanks!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Sounds yummmmm-I have a wheat allergy but will use rice flour instead and I know it will make a silky smooth sauce. Great post!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
If it's a Mum recipe, how can we go bad. If your Mom cooked like mine, this has to be great,
Janetjlv1023 in Plymouth loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!