Fried Chicken GizzardsFrom possumqueen 6 years ago
How to make it
- Clean gizzards
- Season gizzards well
- Heat butter in skillet over medium heat
- Toss in gizzards
- Fry over medium heat for about 5 minutes until bright pink is gone
- Turn up heat to high, med-high and finish frying for another 5 - 10 minutes, occasionally stirring
- The longer you fry on high the juice in the skillet fries out and the butter and seasoning comes together and makes these wonderful 'crispies' that stick to the gizzards.... ooooooohhhhh my.......
- I usually eat these suckers straight out of the skillet - but you can serve them over seasoned rice, yellow rice, or with your favorite hot sauce. Try spooning some of butter in the bottom of skillet over your rice.
- I rarely have any left over but if I do I save them and make DIRTY RICE the next day.
The Cookpossumqueen Small Town, Of A
The Rating6 people
I'm the only one in my family who likes gizzards, but I cook them anyway when I fry chicken. This sounds really good I will have to get some gizzards and cook them just for me! Great post! I like the way you cook. Thankscraftyazgirl in El Mirage loved it
Yea indeed. Yum.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Ok tried and true, these were delicious. Thanksnocturnalife in North West Corner loved it