Simply YogurtFrom edensong 8 years ago
How to make it
- Soften gelatin in water. Add enough boiling water to make 1 cup.
- Add honey. Let mixture cool.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Mix dry milk with 3 cups of water, evaporated milk, 2 cups warm water, and gelatin mixture.
- Add yogurt culture and stir thoroughly.
- Cover bowl and put in oven. Turn oven OFF and leave 8 to 10 hours.
- Add honey; extracts like vanilla, lemon, or almond; fruit; or any flavorings you prefer.
The Cookedensong Nashville, TN
The Rating10 people
Well you don't need the yogurt maker with this recipe. Haven't tried it with normal milk, but I'd guess it may not come out very thick. The powdered milk definitely thickens it up.
No, chickpea, it's evaporated milk, NOT condensed milk. Yes, there's yogurt culture -- it's in the plain yogurt. :)
You can try it, snowpea, but it's only 1/2 tsp.