Pistachios cherry and coconut BiscottiFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- 1 egg shopping list
- 100 grams caster sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla essence shopping list
- 125 grams plain flour shopping list
- ½ tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 50 grams flaked unsweetened coconut shopping list
- 50 grams candied red cherries shopping list
- 65 grams toasted pistachios shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Whisk the egg, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl till thick and pale-ribbons of mixture should fail from the whisk as you lift it.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon separately, and then sift into the egg mixture and fold in gently. Stir in coconut, cherries and pistachios.
- Turn out on a lightly floured surface and shape into a flat log, 23cm/9 inches long and 1.5cm/3/4inch wide. Transfer to a large, greased baking sheet.Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes or until firm.
- Transfer the log to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut the log on the diagonal into slices about 1 cm/1/2inch thick and arrange them on the baking sheet. Cook for 10-15minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating11 people
Pistachios are my favourite nuts...so this will be a perfect new recipe to try!Looking forward for the chocolate version.ambus in Lahore loved it
Wow... I will choose a good quality of strong coffee... Juan Valdez coffee, Colombian coffee, of course... Thanks.... this is wonderful!
This recipe doesn't have baking powder or yeast?...berry in Riverside loved it
I love to have biscotti with my coffee,,,old Italian custom and yes Columbian coffee! wonderful recipe. Thanks Ahmed.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!