Great Seafood CakesFrom noir 7 years ago
- 1 cup cornbread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup onions -- red shopping list
- 1/2 cup bell peppers shopping list
- 1/2 cup bell peppers -- red shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves -- crushed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 pound crab meat shopping list
- 1/4 pound shrimp shopping list
- 1/4 pound flounder fillets shopping list
- 1/8 pound scallops shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice shopping list
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parsley (optional) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter -- clarified shopping list
How to make it
- Cut onion into 1/2″ chunks; saute in 10″ frying pan in hot olive oil until
- soft, about 4 minutes.
- Cut peppers into 1/2″ chunks; add peppers and garlic, then continue cooking until peppers are almost tender.
- Meanwhile, peel shrimp.
- Coarsely chop shrimp, scallops and flounder then add crab.
- Remove onion/pepper mixture from heat and add seafood, mayonnaise and lime juice.
- Stir gently to prevent breaking up crab.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper and parsley.
- Shape into patties and coat both sides with cornbread crumbs. (May now be placed on a plate and refrigerated for up to an hour)
- When ready to serve, heat 2 tb clarified butter in frying pan over moderately high heat.
- Saute 3 cakes at a time until golden on both sides, about 2 minutes.
- Add more butter as necessary.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating9 people
Perfect picture and recipe! it seems yummy... thanks Noir.berry in Riverside loved it
yep crystal is right Stupendous Noir!chezzane in loved it
I had these in California.. but never had recipe.. Until now... Thanks!linebb956 in La Feria loved it