Indian Fry BreadFrom sunny 10 years ago
How to make it
- Mix all dry ingredients - cut in lard. Add milk to make a thick dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and kneed till it is elastic and not sticky.
- Heat enough Crisco or Oil in a deep pan to fill bottom 1/2 inch of pan - or use deep frier.
- Break off egg sized handfulls of dough and press between your fingers till they are 1/4 inch thick all over. Deep fry till golden brown on one side and turn over and fry for a few minutes on other side.
- Place between paper towels to cool a bit and absorbe excess oil.
- Serve warm as a side to stews, salads, Carne Asada or use as a base for tostadas.
- Option - use golf ball size pieces of dough and when they are cooked you can drizle them with honey and or powdered sugar as a dessert.
People Who Like This Dish 102
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating17 people
I love Fry Bread... this sounds VERY good!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
You know this is such a comfort food and it is great to eat alone or even with a stew or main dish. what a wonderful piece of culture. Thanks for the recipe share.gwennie in Puyallup loved it
oh wow that looks so good cant wait to try itravenseyes in Belcamp loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!