Chilli And Crab Stuffed Red SnapperFrom healthychef 9 years ago
- 4 red snappers, cleaned and scaled shopping list
- 2 tbsp dry sherry shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- stir fried shredded vegetables, to serve shopping list
- wedges of lime and red chilli strips, to garnish shopping list
- Stuffing shopping list
- 1 small red chilli shopping list
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- 1 spring onion shopping list
- ½ tsp finely grated lime rind shopping list
- 1 tbsp lime juice shopping list
- 100 g white crab meat, flaked shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the fish and pat dry on absorbent kitchen paper. Season inside and out and place in a shallow dish. Spoon over the sherry and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the stuffing. Carefully halve, deseed and finely chop the chilli. Place in a small bowl.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic. Trim and finely chop the spring onion. Add to the chilli together with the grated lime rind, lime juice and the flaked crab meat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and combine. Spoon some of the stuffing into the cavity of each fish.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Arrange the fish in a steamer lined with baking parchment or in a large sieve and place over the boiling water. Cover and steam for 10 minutes. Turn the fish over and steam for 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- Drain the fish and transfer to serving plates. Garnish with wedges of lime and serve with stir fried vegetables.
The Cookhealthychef Kuala Lumpur, MY
The Rating5 people
Welcome! Great post. I really love the stuffing ;)lillyann in Colorado Springs loved it
Made this tonight for the family. It was delicious! Even the kids loved it. Thanks!lillyann in Colorado Springs loved it
Great flavours in here. Skillful use of Asian ingredients. I think I will like this very much. Thanks for sharing.danadooley in Singapore loved it