Peanut Butter Cookies I makeFrom shirleyoma 8 years ago
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening (Crisco is good) I use half real butter shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar (I use Splenda brown sugar now) shopping list
- 2 eggs slightly beaten with fork shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup Skippy peanut butter (natural peanut butter is NOT recommended) shopping list
- 2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour, less flour makes richer cookies. shopping list
- 2 teaspoons soda shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar in small bowl for rolling cookie balls before baking. shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir in
- peanut butter. Stir flour into creamed mixture.
- Make walnut sized balls, roll in sugar and place on un-greased cookie sheet. Press with back of sugared fork to make crisscross.
- Bake in moderate oven (350° F) about 10 minutes. makes about 5 dozen fantastic cookies.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating8 people
That's it...thats's the recipe. I grew ip on these p'nut butter cookies. And when I went off to college. My Grandma, Mimi, would send a batch every week. I always got them in Wednesday's mail. Everyone in the dorm was my friend on Wednesday!....I ...moresaltymike in Naples loved it
Sounds good! I'd use Jif PB in Low sugar (white label). Thanks for post.rodeogirl73 in Tacoma loved it
This is the recipe my aunt use to fix when I was small. I LOVE THESE COOKIES!!!!!
Nothing like great cookies and warm memories!!cadavis in Asheboro loved it