Shoyu Chicken Mainland StyleFrom annieamie 7 years ago
- 3-4 pounds of chicken thighs with the skin on. (You can use boneless,skinless chicken but you will have to monitor the cooking time.) I buy the large inexpensive family packs of whole thighs. shopping list
- 1 cup regular soy sauce shopping list
- 1 cup of pineapple juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup of brown or white sugar shopping list
- 3 cloves of sliced garlic shopping list
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger (powdered ginger works but fresh is better) shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground pepper shopping list
- Optional: 1 tsp. crushed red pepper seeds if you'd like to add some "heat" to the finished recipe. shopping list
How to make it
- Using a large pot or a dutch oven, add all of the ingredients except the chicken and bring to a boil over a medium-high heat.
- After reaching the boiling point, add the chicken thighs, stir and cover the pot.
- Reduce heat to a low flame and simmer for an hour.
- Remove chicken from the liquid and place on a large baking sheet covered with either a silicone baking pad of Release Aluminum Foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, skin side up!
- Serve with or over fresh rice.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating8 people
these are great..peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I'm making this, as usual, with what is in the house (30 below is too cold to be running to the store!). I am using chicken thighs, a can of crushed pineapple, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and ground black pepper. Simmering the chicken in the sauce and ...morembelisle in Regina loved it
I made the recipe with the changes I noted in my last comment. The consensus from the family was to definitely keep this one and repeat it! The only question is how to make it a bit spicier. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what kind of spice migh...morembelisle in Regina loved it