Strawberry DessertFrom dixiediner 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafers shopping list
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped shopping list
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Combine wafer crumbs and margarine. Press half of mixture on bottom of 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over crust.
- In blender or food processor, combine strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. Blend until smooth. Spoon half of mixture evenly over whipped cream mixture. Top with remaining crumb mixture. Cover and freeze for 6 hours, or until firm.
- In small saucepan, combine remaining strawberry mixture and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Cool. Chill.
- To serve, cut into squares and serve with sauce. Freeze any leftover dessert; refrigerate any leftover sauce.
The Cookdixiediner MS
The Rating2 people
Comfort Foods769 members
Southern Essentials223 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen85 members
Southern Cooks554 members
Good Down Home Southern Food195 members
Luv The Snackage30 members
Luv The Snack18 members
Anything Goes286 members
We Love It But134 members
Companys Coming115 members