Turner Fisheries Clam ChowderFrom wolfpackjack 8 years ago
- 10 Cherry stone clams shopping list
- 6 Quohogs shopping list
- Note: if you can't find the clams listed above, use the equivalent in fresh chopped clams.... No fresh clams?!?... use canned clams and use an additional 8 ounces of clam juice. shopping list
- 1 medium onion chopped/diced shopping list
- 1 rib celery thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large potato diced shopping list
- 32 ounces clam juice shopping list
- 1 pint heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 tspn thyme shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 tspn pepper shopping list
- 4 + ounces butter shopping list
- 4 ounces flour shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 ++ clove(s) of garlic minced shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, sweat the garlic for 2 to 3 minutes in butter and olive oil
- Add onion, celery, and spices. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour slowly to make a roux. stirring constantly for 5 minutes... don't brown the roux here.
- Slowy add clam juice, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Bring to a Simmer for 10 minutes Note: The soup will be very thick at this point.... be careful not to burn.
- Add potatoes, cook until tender.
- Add cream and clam, bring to a soft boil.
- Remove heat... season to taste..... Enjoy...mmmmmmmmmmm
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating6 people
This was great. I used more clams but other than that, I followed this wfw. Great Post!!auntiekahala in Kaneohe, HI/Petoskey, MI loved it
I'm going to see if I can locate the right clams, but I definitely want to try this. It sounds out of this world good. Thank you and I'll let you know what I think.
And the intro to this recipe is very cute...hehehe. =)lunasea in Orlando loved it
i'll definitely not be able to get the right clams - here, in the middle of germany. but the ones i can get will serve me well. I JUST ADORE CLAM CHOWDER! thank you for a great post!kochhexe in Butzbach loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!