TartufoFrom berry 9 years ago
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoon orange juice shopping list
- 6 amaretti cookies shopping list
- 1 6 – package semisweet chocolate pieces ( 1 cup) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup shopping list
- 3 /4 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped. shopping list
How to make it
- Place ice cream in refrigerator to soften slightly, about 30 minutes. Chill small cookie sheet in freezer.
- Meanwhile, on plate, pour orange juice over amaretti cookies; let stand until orange juice is absorbed, turning cookies occasionally.
- Line chilled cookie sheet with waxed paper. Working quickly, with large ice cream scoop ball of ice cream. Gently press an amaretti cookie in the center of ball.
- Reshape ice cream into ball around cookie, place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining ice cream and cookies to make 6 ice cream balls. Freeze until firm, about 1 1/2 hours.
- In heavy 1 quart saucepan over low heat , heat the chocolate pieces, margarine and corn syrup, stirring frequently until melted and smooth. Remove sauce from heat.
- Remove cookie sheet with ice cream balls from freezer, place 1 ice cream ball on spatula over sauce pan of melted chocolate, quickly scoop up chocolate and pour over ice cream ball to coat completely..
- Place on some cookie sheet, firmly pat some walnuts onto chocolate coating. Freeze until ice cream balls are firm.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookberry Winter Park, FL
The Rating11 people
This is also known as the "treadmill" cookie...you know why...lol, this is a really great recipe, almost to good, lol.craners in Coarsegold loved it
Woonderful Woonderful.. I'm droooooling!!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Oh, Berry -- these look devine! I too am a big fan of chocolate with orange! Great recipe, TY :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it