Chicken Happiness SoupFrom pink 7 years ago
- white chicken meat -- about one piece worth/cooked shopping list
- 2 large or 3 small yellow squash shopping list
- zest and juice of one large lemon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon tumeric shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 3 T olive oil shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup white basmati rice shopping list
- Optional: handful of roasted pine nuts shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Wash squash. Don't have to peel them. Cut them in slices and then mince (or use food processor).
- In a good sized pot, saute the squash and lemon zest with the oil for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add in tumeric, cumin, lemon juice, some salt, and then the broth.
- Bring it to a boil and add the chicken and rice.
- Let simmer for 10-20 minutes or until the rice is done.
- Serve warm, with a smile!
The Cookpink USA
The Rating4 people
This is great!smooch in America loved it
What a lovely soup, I love the flavor and the color was like sunshine. Thank you for a new soup addition to the repertoire. I'll make this again and again.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Who wouldn't like to eat *Happiness for 2008*? :)noir in Boston loved it