TourtiereFrom mbelisle 9 years ago
- 2 lbs extra lean ground pork (you can use beef and pork as well for a slightly different flavour) shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 c. hot beef broth shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp celery salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1 tsp sage shopping list
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (instant work very well) shopping list
- pastry for double crust pie shopping list
How to make it
- Brown pork and onion together.
- Add beef broth and seasonings and simmer, covered for at least 45 minutes.
- Mix in the mashed potatoes and let cool for a short while.
- Spread the mixture in a pie crust (9") and top with the top crust.
- Seal the edges of the pie.
- Slash the top crust in several places (make a design if you want it to look nice).
- Bake at 450 F for 10-12 minutes and then reduce heat to 350 and bake for 30 minutes..
- Serve hot with maple syrup to top.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookmbelisle Suva, Fiji
The Rating3 people
I think I've had this dish while in Europe, very good! Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Oh, this sounds so good, bookmarked and saved, even my fussy eaters will like this, thanksyomomma in Danvers loved it
wow- never heard of anything like this. The name implies a french origin. Is it french?greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!