TourtiereFrom mbelisle 7 years ago
- 2 lbs extra lean ground pork (you can use beef and pork as well for a slightly different flavour) shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 c. hot beef broth shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp celery salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1 tsp sage shopping list
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (instant work very well) shopping list
- pastry for double crust pie shopping list
How to make it
- Brown pork and onion together.
- Add beef broth and seasonings and simmer, covered for at least 45 minutes.
- Mix in the mashed potatoes and let cool for a short while.
- Spread the mixture in a pie crust (9") and top with the top crust.
- Seal the edges of the pie.
- Slash the top crust in several places (make a design if you want it to look nice).
- Bake at 450 F for 10-12 minutes and then reduce heat to 350 and bake for 30 minutes..
- Serve hot with maple syrup to top.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookmbelisle Suva, Fiji
The Rating3 people
wow- never heard of anything like this. The name implies a french origin. Is it french?greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Oh, this sounds so good, bookmarked and saved, even my fussy eaters will like this, thanksyomomma in Danvers loved it
I think I've had this dish while in Europe, very good! Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!