Fried CalamariFrom texaschef 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh squid shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp. paprika shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- 1 egg (scrambled) shopping list
- FOR THE THAI SAUCE shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup vineger shopping list
- 1 tbsp. corn starch shopping list
- 1 tbsp. ketchup shopping list
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Clean the calamari (cut off heads, slice leangthwise, and remove all the stuff inside. peal off purplish skin, and should be left with off-white, flat pieces. rince well)
- slice calamari pieces into lengthwise strips
- preheat deep fryer to 375 degrees
- TIME TO MAKE THE SAUCE..
- boil sugar add water in small pot
- add vineger, ketchup, corn starch, the rest of the garlic, and red pepper and mix well.
- let sauce cool, then serve on side of calamari
- BACK TO THE CALAMARI...
- mix flour, salt, oregano, paprika, pepper in a bowl
- put all the calamari strips into the egg, then drop into flour mix making sure each piece is well coated with flour
- drop into hot oil, and let fry until light to golden brown
- let strain, salt to tase, and serve with Thai sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 16
- kathy1024 Nowhere, Us
- charneel21 Nowhere, Us
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- tinadc Cape Town, ZA
- brianna CA
- tigress122 Petawawa, CA
- fieryphoenix37 Brooklyn, NY
- iloveellendegeneres Manila, PH
- shirley77 SINGAPORE, SG
- binky67 Ellicott City, MD
- Plus 6 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooktexaschef DALLAS, TX
The Rating7 people
Outstanding! Great! Thanks! Love calamari...linebb956 in La Feria loved it
This looks great!! Definitely a keeper!!blondie80 in -Lake Villa loved it
I just bought a pkg of Calamari rings & I was looking for a good recipe to deep fry them & this sounds like a winner. The sauce sounds delicious. Thanks, I'm going to try them for my supper tonight. 5 forksbrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!