Pork AdoboFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 1 lb. pork picnic or side bacon belly (cut into bite-sized cubes) shopping list
- * 1 cup white vinegar shopping list
- * 1 head garlic (finely chopped) portioned into two shopping list
- * 3 pcs. laurel (bay leaves) shopping list
- * 1/2 cup soysauce shopping list
- * 1 cup water shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon peppercorn shopping list
- * 3 tablespoons oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a deep skillet, brown pork in oil.
- Add vinegar, soysauce, first portion of garlic, laurel, peppercorn and water.
- Bring to a boil, lower the fire and cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- When it gets too dry just add 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover and let simmer until pork becomes tender.
- In another pan, cook remaining garlic until golden-brown.
- Add pork and pour the rest of the adobo sauce.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
I love adobo. This is almost exactly the way my Filipino friend taught me to make it. I actually reduce it twice (at least) putting in more soy sauce and vinegar after it cooks down. Lip smackin' good!legoflamb in New York loved it
wonderfulcheryilyn in Salem loved it
I love adobos, and this is about as authentic as it gets! TY, JM :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it