Comfy Beef Stew With A BrewFrom conner909 9 years ago
- 3 ½ lbs. stew beef, cut into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 1 ½ cups flour shopping list
- bacon grease or oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper shopping list
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic shopping list
- 1 or 2 bay leaves shopping list
- carrots, quantity to taste shopping list
- 1 cup diced onion shopping list
- 2 celery ribs, diced shopping list
- Diced potatoes, quantity to taste. shopping list
- 2 tbsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 3 cups boiling water shopping list
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste shopping list
- 1 can beer or beef broth shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Dredge beef cubes in flour mixture.
- In a Dutch oven, melt bacon grease and quickly brown in batches.
- (If you purchase stewing beef cubes, your prep time for browning will be approx. 30 minutes.)
- While browning the beef, cut up carrots, onion and celery into bite-sized pieces.
- When browning is complete, return all the browned beef to the Dutch oven and add boiling water, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, bay leaf/leaves and beer or broth.
- Bring to a boil; partially cover and lower heat to simmer and cook for 2 hours.
- Add carrots, onions and potatoes and cook another 1 ½ - 2 hours. Season to taste.
- Serves 6 to 8. Servings vary depending on your guests’ appetites!
People Who Like This Dish 20
- Reviews2 Nowhere, Us
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- pattydrake Nowhere, Us
- NadineM Mississauga, Canada
- recipeaddict1 League City, TX
- DetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- kcmm North York, CA
- lonelylou29 Nowhere, Us
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Plus 10 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookconner909 Whereabouts, Unknown
The Rating9 people
Sounds great! Any recipe that contains bacon grease in it is worth a try in my book :)
Thanks for the post.donman in Hammond loved it
Just the way my momma taught me!! Delicious post, dear.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Definitely use the beer! Yummy!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it