Sweet And Sour PorkFrom lillyann 8 years ago
- 2/3 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour, plus seasoned flour for dredging shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1 pound pork butt, cut into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- kosher salt and pepper shopping list
- vegetable oil, for frying shopping list
- 1 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 ounce honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup large diced vidalia onion shopping list
- 1/3 cup large diced celery shopping list
- 1/3 cup carrots sliced 1/4-inch thick, on a bias shopping list
- 1/3 cup large diced red bell pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup large diced green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes shopping list
How to make it
- In a large non-reactive bowl, combine soy, garlic, ginger, flour, and cornstarch. Season the pork generously with salt and pepper. Place the pork in the bowl and toss to cover. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Drain off any excess marinade and dredge the pork in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. In a large frying pan heat 1-inch of oil to 350 degrees F. Fry the pork in batches, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Reserve on a warm plate.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ketchup, sugar, vinegar, and honey. Whisk to blend.
- In a small roasting pan heat the canola and sesame oils. Place the pork and vegetables into the pan and cover with the ketchup mixture. Bring to a simmer and cook until the pork is tender.
The Cooklillyann Colorado Springs, CO
The Rating8 people
Great recipe and this dish is delicious! I love Alton Brown and I have made this several times and it is one of the best. Thank you for sharing! =)lunasea in Orlando loved it
Love Sweet and Sour Pork, first time I had it was in Japan. It's so good. Great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
Great post! This recipe turned out perfectly ..gabrielle in Austin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!