Drunken PineappleFrom flanboyanteats 5 years ago
How to make it
- If you’re using fresh pineapple, peel and cut into 1/4 in. slices or nice size chunks (cubes). I like sliced as pictured.
- Alternatively, you can buy ready to eat, sliced and fresh, pineapple.
- Drain pineapple completely.
- In large skillet, cook pineapple slices on each side for one minute or until light brown, on high heat.
- Set aside on plate.
- For sauce, use separate saucepan.
- Mix milk, rum, ginger, salt and mint together.
- Cook, while stirring for 3 minutes or until milk is reduced about 1/2 thinner, on low-medium heat.
- Pour over pineapple!
- Sprinkle nutmeg overtop and garnish with mint leaves if you like.