Cassata Siciliana Sicilian CheesecakeFrom moltobuono 9 years ago
- 350 g of fresh ricotta shopping list
- 100 g of sugar shopping list
- vanilla powdered flavour (not essence) shopping list
- 50 g of dark chocolate chips shopping list
- 80 g of candied citrus peel shopping list
- 200 g of sponge cake* shopping list
- optional: sweet liqueur, fresh seasonal fruit (for example: pears and strawberries), icing sugar for decoration. shopping list
- *For your own sponge cake: shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 120 g of sugar shopping list
- 100 g of flour shopping list
- vanilla flavour shopping list
- fesh lemon or orange grated peel shopping list
- butter to grease the cake tin. shopping list
How to make it
- For Sponge cake: mix egg yolks with sugar until smooth. Whip egg whites separately until very firm and add them to the mix. Slowly fold in the flour, then add grated citrus peel or vanilla flavour. Bake sponge cake for 40 minutes at moderate heat.
- To prepare Cassata: mix ricotta with icing sugar until it turns into a smooth cream. Add a drop of any white sweet liqueur (optional). Add chocolate chips and candied citrus peel. Line a small tray or bowl with slices of sponge cake, put ricotta cream in the middle and top with a layer of sponge cake to seal. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve with seasonal fruit and decorate with icing sugar. Dolcissimo!
The Cookmoltobuono Rome, IT
The Rating4 people
Great post.... saved, and rated! thanks.berry in Winter Park loved it
Love Italian ricotta cake... great post....davewolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
This is great.thanks for sharing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!