Bananas With JelloFrom thegoldminer 8 years ago
How to make it
- Ok I am a little nuts, I like more bites of banana than Jello, so I put a huge amount of bananas in. I like them just past green so there is not any dark in the center, they refrigerate better in the Jello.
- I do the quick chill method. Use the package directions.
- Quick chill, use a large measuring cup, 1 cup water and enough ice cubes to make it fill to 2 1/2 cups.
- Pour the ice cubes and water in the dissolved Jello, stir for a couple of minutes and it starts to gel.
- Scoop out the ice cubes, hand seem to work like a good sieve.
- Pour mixture over the bananas and stir Jello and bananas with a spoon, patting banana slices down with spoon below surface.
- The five containers pictures took two mixtures of Jello to fill all five containers.
- The big dish had two packs.
- I found the small packs worked best if it was just me eating it.
- The big dish is best if for a group.
- It is soooo good to have masses of banana in every bite!!!!!!!
- The containers are the Ziploc brand I found at Walmart. I love them. Lids snap on tight, you can microwave in them, like warming up chili and they don't pick up the chili stain. Cost is just great, I have most of the sizes in round (shallow and deep), square (shallow and deep)
- and the rectangular (shallow and deep). Nest very tight, got rid of the the Tupper ware.
- Used the Wusthof 6" sandwich knife you have seen in many of my recipes. The thin sharp blade is just incredible for slicing bananas, well every thing. A knife you should own.
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating5 people
This is soooo good. I Make this but I add chopped nuts and marshmallows!vickycummins in Munster loved it
Looks really great and you could really be creative with this. Thanks JJliezel in Bloemfontein loved it
I love bananas with jello I am a nut to about them yummy thanks for this recipe.
Queensilverqueen in Albany loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!