Tomato Basil And Mozzarella FrittataFrom wolfpackjack 8 years ago
How to make it
- Arrange broiler rack about 6 inches from heat source and preheat oven to 450F.
- Stack half the basil leaves and roll into a tight cylinder. Cut rolled leaves crosswise to make thin strips. Repeat with remaining leaves and set aside.
- In a large, ovenproof skillet, warn the EVOO over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until softened, ~ 1 minute.
- Pour in the eggs and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir briefly, then let eggs begin to set around the edges. Using a spatula, lift edges and tilt the pan allowing the uncooked eggs to run underneath. Cook until eggs are set on bottom and still liquid on top.
- Turn off heat, scatter basil, tomatoes and cheese evenly over top of eggs.
- Place skillet in oven and cook until eggs are set, edges are puffed, and the cheese is melted, ~ 1 to 2 minutes. Do Not OverCook... eggs should remain moist.
- Slide frittata onto a onto a plate, cut in half and serve.
- Recommendations: try some olives, or onions, or mushrooms with this.
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating7 people
This sounds very good, but I would probably have to add olives, onion and maybe mushrooms. Just personal preference. I don't know how to cook without onion and just love the others. Great post.cheryilyn in Salem loved it
Wolf, I love this recipe...Great Post. Quick story (I'm full of them) On a trip to N. Italy, I ordered a salad in a small pizzaria. I was served a plate full of fresh basil, warm from the garden tomatoes and buffalo cheese, topped with evoo and ba...morerml in loved it
Classic goodness here, Dave - thanks! And Yummm. I bet a smoked mozzarella would be interesting here, too. Great post! ;)lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!